Below are trucks currently for sale, either on behalf of coach builders in the UK or clients in New Zealand. These vehicles are either in build, ready for shipping from the UK, in transit or already registered here.
Last updated 21th March 2022:
New / unregistered Peugeot Equi-trek ‘Equinox Excel’ Horse Van. $111,305 plus gst including onroad costs.
GVM 3.5tonne, Tare weight 2.5t so suitable for x1 big horse, x1 horse and x1 pony or x2 ponies.
EU Type Approved
Upgraded engine 165BHP
Ice White / Metallic Land Rover Corris Grey
Horse Area Camera
Extra Height Partition
Deluxe Cab Pack
Sat Nav System
Leather Steering Wheel Leather Gear Lever
Exterior tack locker Slimline wardrobe and eye-level cabinetry
Bench seat which converts to x2 bunk beds
Electric Fridge 42 Litre Capacity
Gas hob and sink
It is proving very challenging to find chassis for new builds. Brand new and you are waiting 12 to 18 months just for the chassis before the build has started. One of our coachbuilders has a few used chassis available to build on, completion October 2022. These would be suitable for the following builds:
- Compact Lady’s 2 horse truck, full living on a 2014 DAF automatic, 100,000 miles 180hp very easy to drive (requires an HT on a GVM 7.5tonne)
- 3 horse truck, underfloor storage, hydraulic ramp, full living + wetroom bathroom chassis as above (uprated GVM 8.3tonne)
- 4 horse, large slide-out, x2 sleeping pods, full living, large bathroom, 2015 Mercedes 240hp automatic, 170,000 miles, GVM13.5tonne on 19.5″ tyres
2019 Elite Platinum 3 horse on a NEW chassis (only 5,600km’s!!) – $385,000 inc gst and available NOW! SOLD
This beautiful 12tonne truck has been registered in NZ since early 2019 but university means there is now no time for riding sadly. Built on a brand new chassis when imported, this truck has all the comforts and is in as new condition. The link and photos below were taken at time of build, present day photos available along with full spec sheet.
- 6 cylinder, 235 horsepower (from factory), rear air suspension, 6 speed manual,
- Italian leather throughout, including the most comfortable couch you’ve ever sat on!
- Large living with 10ft slide-out, full kitchen, x2 permanent beds (plus couch), full bathroom, fresh and grey water, fully integrated generator
- Stalled for 3 horses with x3 partitions and NO chest bin, hydraulic ramp, underfloor storage plus bridle locker.
2020 Renault Master Elite Mini-Pro – Brand new build, NZ registered and available immediately. SOLD
Top-quality 2 horse, rear-facing horse van with small day living area:
- 135hp twin turbo diesel engine, 6-speed manual transmission, 8,190miles on the clock – very easy to drive and economical to run
- GVM 3.95t (1280kg carrying capacity), new COF + registration
- Full alloy built body
- Solid steel bulkhead between cab and horse area (NZ certified)
- 32mm insulated roof with glass skylight + 3 opening windows in horse area
- Bonded windows
- Solid alloy ramp with non-slip rubber and barn doors
- Alloy adjustable padded partition + kick flap and fold‐back head divider
- Heavy-duty rubber matting over alloy planked floor with drain holes
- CCTV camera horses/rear view
- Living area with seating, porta-potti, rug-rack, 12v power, open wardrobe storage, mirror
- LED lighting throughout including loading light
- Large tack locker with saddle racks + bridle hooks, storage space and light
- Overhead storage above cab, could be used for sleeping
- External – 6.5m long / 2.8m high / 2.2m wide
- Internal – horses 2.45m long / each stall 1m wide / 2.3m high / living 1.3m long
- Top-quality paint in Subaru ‘Tungsten Silver’
- Price $115,000 plus gst
Elite Top Spec 3 horse with BIG horsepower – $315,000 inc GST SOLD
Currently registered in New Zealand and available soon. Imported in early 2020 as a new build on a 2012 DAF 12tonne chassis, this compact yet spacious truck has all the bells and whistles. The owners are downsizing to a van, and have kept it in immaculate condition – the link below are photos taken at time of build, not present-day.
- 6 speed manual, 290 horsepower, 206,000 km’s, fully serviced with recent COF.
- GVM 12tonne, with over 4tonne carrying capacity plus certified towbar fitted.
- Full living, x2 sleeping pods, slide-out, air con in living, bathroom with seperate shower, fresh + grey water (self containment cert).
- Full underfloor storage plus side lockers, hydraulic ramp, x3 padded adjustable partitions, hot/cold horse wash.
- Full set of photos https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2896342473719690&type=3
Affordable 3 horse/4 pony Elite truck with comfortable living – $170,000 plus GST available immediately! SOLD
- 2007 DAF 6 cylinder turbo 220hp, 6 speed manual, 441,405km’s, recent overhaul so mechanically sound and good to go.
- GVM 12tonne with over 5tonne carrying capacity.
- Built in 2016 and registered as a motorhome with fresh and grey water tanks.
- Spacious living with sleeping in luton, above bathroom, and couch in living.
- Full kitchen and separate wetroom bathroom, Sky TV, solar power.
- Full underfloor storage plus additional lockers, horse washdown, loading gates and x3 adjustable partitions.
- External dimensions 8.5m long / 2.5m wide / 3.6m ground to roof. Internal: horse area 2.4m high, 3.35m long, living 3.66m long
New Ladies 3 horse on a 2013 DAF – in build now. SOLD
Jump the queue and secure this horse truck being built by a reputable coachbuilder with many happy NZ clients. Comfortable living with full kitchen and wet room bathroom. If you’re quick you can choose the living area lining (wood or white), cabinetry and upholstery colour. Luton sleeping, couch converts to a bed, with the choice of an additional permanent luton above the bathroom. Tilt cab, full underfloor storage, power ramp and horse area stalled for 3 horses. 2013 DAF fully prepped chassis, manual transmission (110,000 miles), 3 cab seats. Approximate landed price range $215,000 – $235,000 plus gst depending on size and features. We recommend no cab cut-out, benefitting from extra seating along the cab wall.
2015 Mercedes automatic 18tonne New Build – 4 horse / 5 pony + large luxury living. SOLD
In build now with Elite Coachworks, due for completion October. 2015 Mercedes Antos automatic on rear air suspension, cab air con, 280hp, 220,oookm’s. Light wood interior, large slide-out, x2 sleeping lutons, full kitchen and full bathroom, huge underfloor storage and chest bins, hydraulic ramp (with manual override), padded adjustable partitions and loading gates. Top quality build using state-of-the-art rot-free panels. This truck will only ship pre-sold. Approximate landed cost is $370,000 plus gst, option to have a cab cut-out or not.
New & unregistered Equi-trek stock ready for shipping:
‘Equinox’ 3.5tonne – Fits very large horses but only has a 1000kg carrying capacity due to the GVM, so annual WOF (instead of bi-annual COF). Small living area with seating which converts to x2 bunks, 42l fridge, hob/sink, slim wardrobe, house battery and 240v hook-up, electric roof extractor fan for horses and horse/reversing cameras. $TBC.
New & unregistered Equi-trek Victory ready for shipping: SOLD
Very limited stock anywhere in Europe – you would have to wait until June 2020 so grab this one while you can! Carries 2 large horses rear facing with plenty of room, light and ventilation. Compact living with 2 bunk beds, hob/sink, fidge and toilet cubicle. Roughly $130,000 plus gst landed including on-road costs.
2011 DAF LF55 automatic 14tonne New Build – 4 horse + living + lobby and bunk beds. Window-sized crawl-through so no cert required. SOLD
Fully prepped mid-size chassis with 6 cylinder engine, 19.5′ tyres and 250hp engine (127,000 miles). In build now with K&S Horseboxes due for completion October. Great family layout with spacious and sociable U-shaped seating behind the cab to create a large bed + luton sleeping + x2 bunks in luton above the large bathroom (separate shower). Full kitchen with large fridge/freezer, oven & convection microwave. Good storage, well-ventilated horse area with solid adjustable partitions. Small crawl-through using existing window space with no modification to the original cab. Approximate landed costs is $265,000 plus gst. Actual chassis photo below (fully prepped), example living photo with different layout, but shows the size and finish. More photos upon request.
2012 Volvo 18tonne New Build almost finished – choose the paint colour! SOLD
Elite Coachworks Luxury 4 horses with large living + slide-out and huge underfloor storage. Goes to paint in 2 weeks time, ready to ship in 4. Jump the build queue and have this truck for the new season! Approximate cost is $315,000 plus gst
2015 Renault Master Elite Mini-Pro – SOLD
Built 12 months ago but in immaculate condition, this van is available for shipping now. Stalled for 2 large horses rear-facing, there is no breast bar which enables the horses to drop their heads in transit and maintain clea airways. This layout is now the most popular with race yards across Europe. At the rear there is a smalle changing area with bench seat, hanging rail for jackets and benchtop. Decent external tack locker.
New 2020 Fiat Tatton Eventor – ready to ship – SOLD
Brand new and unregistered top of the range Weekender horse van available ready to ship.
NZ registered Automatic on Air 8.3tonne available December 2020 – SOLD
BRAND NEW DAF LF55 Elite luxury 4 horse truck with all the bells and whistles! NZ registered and available now. SOLD
2020 DAF LF55 290hp from factory
Automatic (6 gear with manual override), rear air suspension, stability control, diff lock, 22″ tyres
Air con, air seats, heated wing mirrors, x3 cab seats / seat belts – top spec chassis
Summary of Build:
New 28ft Elite build, stalled for 4 horses with large living
Air con in living, whisper generator, 10ft slide-out, full kitchen and bathroom
x2 lutons for sleeping plus luxury Italian leather couch (converts to a bed)
High gloss finish with ample cabinetry and large wardrobe
x4 living skylights so very light and spacious
Stalled for 4 horses, hydraulic ramp (manual override), shallow ramp with loading gates, well ventilated, h/c horse wash
Massive underfloor storage and separate tack locker
Genuine buyers please contact Grace 021684804
(private sale on-behalf)
Click here for full photo album https://www.facebook.com/pg/elitecoachworks/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2882754458411825&ref=page_internal
12 tonne DAF – Large living 3 horse Elite – SOLD
New 3 horse K&S Ladies Truck on a 2013 DAF 8.3tonne – SOLD
2017 Luxury Tatton Horse Van – 4.5tonne Automatic with Living – SOLD
Selection of new Equi-trek horse vans ready for shipping direct from Factory.
No middle man or inflated prices – buy direct and let HTI handle all the paperwork, foreign exchange and logistics. All the models below are suitable for carrying 2 large horses, driven on a car licence:
Super Sonic 5 model, as above but seat belts for 5 passengers
Valiant model with kitchen, bathroom and U-shaped seating converting to a small double bed
18T VOLVO EMPIRE PLATINUM 4/5 Horse – SOLD
Compact Luxury Elite 2/3 horse – SOLD
Absolute Luxury Elite 4 horse 12T – SOLD in UK
LUXURY TOP SPEC ELITE 4 HORSE – SOLD
2007 DAF LF45 – SOLD
- 2007 DAF LF45 180hp, GVM8.3tonne, 141,000km, 6 speed manual
- Fully serviced by DAF including breaks, brand new tyres all round
- Stalled for 3 horses – over 2tonne carrying capacity
- Padded, telescopic partitions, chest bin, rubber over aluminium planked floor, hot/cold washdown
- Good ventilation, rug rack, drop-down rain sheet for ramp opening, external paint saver pads
- Great storage – full underfloor, large tack locker, side locker and x2 skirt lockers
- Full kitchen – gas oven/hob, fridge, sink, good storage, removable table, LCD TV / DVD
- Sleeps 4 in luton and living area, wet room bathroom with toilet, drop-down vanity and shower
- Windows with fly screens, gas/electric warm air heating and hot water, 200ltr tank
- Power management system, external hook-up for 240v, 12v and leisure batteries
4 HORSE DAF – New build by K&S Horseboxes – SOLD
- DAF LF55, GVM 13tonne, 6 cylinder 250hp, manual transmision, approx 150,000 miles on the clock, fully prepped chassis
- Stalled for 4 horses with power ramp
- Sleeps x6 people comfortably
- Large lobby entrance with bathroom, large wardrobe and x2 beds above in an ‘L’ shape
- Large luton (7ft wide/5ft deep/3.5ft high), memory foam mattress, touch lighting and USB power sockets at all beds
- Very light and airy with x2 skylights in the living area and x2 in the horse area plus lots of opening windows
- Gas oven, hob, sink and 110ltr fridge
- Diesel heating and hot water
- 300w Solar power integrated into the power management system
- NZ 240v plugs, 12v outlets, external hook-up
- 450ltr fresh water tank
- Ample storage with full underfloor, chest bin lockers, and large skirt lockers
- Fully serviced, fitted with x2 new starter batteries, new rear tyres and near new front tyres
The total build price including the chassis is £95,000 (zero rated VAT). The rough landed price would be $215,000 plus gst, including our logistics fee and on-road costs (using an exchange rate of 0.51).
2009 DAF ELITE 4 HORSE TRUCK for sale – SOLD
- 12 tonne GVM, good loading capacity at 4 tonne
- 166,000 miles, regularly serviced, full tilt cab
- 210hp, 6-speed manual, very easy to drive, reverse camera.
- Built 2 years ago by Elite Coachworks, immaculate condition inside and out.
- Kitchen with full size oven/hob, microwave, fridge, large sink, TV, sleeps 5/6, full bathroom, Italian leather, underfloor and skirt storage, removable partitions, easy-lift ramp, horse wash etc
Used Weekender Horsepower Van for sale in NZ – SOLD
- 2.5ltr turbo diesel 120hp, 6 speed manual, 103,000kms, 3.9t GVM
- 7m in length, 3m ground to roof, 2.4m internal height, 2m
- Alloy wheels with all-terrain tyres, filled with Puncture Safe
- Air suspension
- LCD monitor, camera in horse area and reversing camera.
- x3 cab seats, upholstery matching living area upholstery.
- Easy close split ramp, concealed spring and top barn
- Guiding / loading gates.
- Ramp and horse area fully sealed with an anti-slip surface
- Sliding partition with fold-back solid head divider and kick
flap. Slides into multiple stall widths.
- Padding on side walls and partition, and inch thick rubber kickboard along fully reinforced bulkhead.
- Solid from breast bar to floor with a walkthrough section,
so no ducking through groom’s door.
- Electric roof fan operable from cab x3 opening windows.
- Lockable storage above luton (fits single mattress) .
- x2 external tack lockers, 1 accessible internally, including
saddle and bridle holders.
- Internal wall separating the horse and living areas.
- Kitchen bench, hob / sink, cutlery drawer and fridge.
- Eye-level cabinetry and shelf for additional storage.
- Bathroom cubicle with electric flush toilet (external
cassette removal), shower, vanity and drop-down basin.
- Electric water heater and an 80ltr water tank and pump
- Full auxiliary power system with 12v & 240v plugs and
- 2 bench seats which create a cozy double bed including thick, comfortable squabs
- Removable table • External horse wash
- Full exterior rear moulding with top lights, rear window and
rear access door
- High quality metallic Range Rover ‘Stone-away’ grey
Price: $82,000 including gst